Wheelchair Sports Hull (WCSH) recently held its annual Disability Sports Awards for Hull and East Riding at a glamorous ceremony at the KC Stadium.
The organisation was set up in June 2013 due to the need for extra funding needed to help start and keep clubs dedicated to disability sports in the Hull and East Riding area. Every penny raised goes back into sports teams and into projects that help the growth of wheelchair sports including the funding of equipment.
There were a number of awards given out during the evening including a Lifetime Achievement Award awarded to Simon Berry of Kingston Kestrels sledge hockey team for his time spent fundraising and implementing new projects across the city.
A special award was also given to Daryl Jones, founder of WCSH and organiser of the awards who commits his life to running the charity and giving back as much as he can to the sport. Well done to Daryl !
Summary of awards:
- Sapphire Signs – Educational Team of the Year – University of Hull Campus Sport
- Cobus Communications – New Player of the Year – Neil Smith – Panthers Wheelchair Basketball
- EY Shutters Business of the Year –Hudgell Solicitors
- William Jackson Group Female Player of the Year – Amy Todd – Tickton FMU Pan Disability Football
- Napoleons Trustee of the Year – Janet Wilson – Panthers Wheelchair Basketball
- Smile Foundation Special Moment of the Year – Panthers Wheelchair Basketball
- KCOM Home Coach of the Year – Sam Towse
- Active Humber Community Engagement Award – Connor Lynes
- NHS Hull CGC Young Player of the Year – Joshua Bartle – Tickton FMU Pan Disability Football
- PBS Construction Services to Disability Sports – Robyn Allan of Parahey Magazine
- Optionis Player of the Year Award – Kizzy Blue Wade – East Riding Electric Eels
- Ideal Heating Club of the Year – East Riding Electric Eels
- St Stephens Unsung Hero -= Jayne Dowse – Tickton FMU Pan Disability Football
- Hudgell Solicitors Champion of Champions – Kizzy Blue Wade – East Riding Electric Eels
- GF Smith Fundraiser of the Year – Eve Clark
- Outstanding Contribution – Mike Garland, Ideal Heating
- Outstanding Contribution – Daryl Jones, Wheelchair Sports Hull
- Outstanding Contribution – Lauren Huntenburg – University of Hull Campus Sports
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Simon Berry – Kingston Kestrels
Find out how you can help Wheelchair Sports Hull by visiting http://www.wheelchairsporthull.co.uk or @wheelsporthull on Twitter